Thursday, March 13, 2008

Psalm 16

Don't worry! You haven't stumbled onto a stranger's website. Our blog is doing some shifting this week.

A Little History: When I (Laurie) first set up the blog I meant for it to be for both of us and I meant to change some things immediately. "Beardsleys in Action" for example was for lack of any name ideas! We were sitting in our office in Chile and finally I said "what should I call it", Matt suggested Beardsleys in Action and we both agreed that when we thought of something better we'd change it.

.....well it's been a year. I guess to change the actual www address I'd have to start a new blog, and as that is not happening (it was hard enough for us to change the template without losing all the links!) we will remain www.beardsleysinaction.blogspot.com. But since I do most of the posting (and Matt has his own blog) I changed the template to something more "me".

So that brings us to the title. When I first met Matt he was leading the youth group at his church in Asheville, N.C., Arden Presbyterian. He did a series (while I visited) on Psalm 16. About a month after we started dating he made me 2 pictures, one of which had a photo from Honduras (where we met) that I had taken and the words from Psalm 16 superimposed. (I'll try to see if I can post the picture) Later, after we were married it was again the theme for the youth group in Chile. I really like the verse, and it's what we both want to do...enjoy the presence of God, and be at His right hand. There are many things I can talk about excitedly on this blog (Lost, my great husband, my sweet baby boy) but what I want to do more than anything is encourage any reader to remember that our God... can make known to you the path of life, in His presence there is fullness of joy, and at His right hand, are pleasures forevermore.

" Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
I say to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.'
As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.
The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply; their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out or take their names on my lips.
The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16

So I hope you all enjoy the new look. While sometimes I may just be complaining about life in California ;-), sometimes I hope to be sharing the fullness of the joy that we "Beardsleys in Action" (*wince*) are experiencing.

1 comment:

lislynn said...

Maaan, your blog is sooo cool now. :( Why can't I get mine to do that!!??!! I must have tried fifteen different templates and it screws up every time. What am I doing wrong???