Sunday, January 11, 2009

Giving Up

I have been TRYING and TRYING to post a cute video of Joey that I have, on a playground, but I just cannot get it to work. I've been trying all weekend.

So in lieu of cute Joey pictures, I have some pictures of our backyard after I planted our flowers and vegetables. I have tons more to catch up on from Christmas, etc, but I'm going to try to pace myself. (shouldn't be too hard ;-)









The 3 rows in the middle are seeds, 1 row of turnips, 1 of beets and 1 of broccoli. They are now all up. The turnips came up in full force, about every seed I dropped, so now I need to pick out the best ones and replant them in my row. the beets are coming up slower and more like about 1/2 of the seeds dropped, but it is really need to watch them because the shoots are all dark red. The broccoli I probably won't have to do anything with. The seeds were bigger and they are well spaced. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Of course it could warm up too quickly to really yield anything. Today it was 60 degrees when we went to church!

3 comments:

Susannah Forshey said...

Wow, so your growing season has officially started?? That's wild! Do you expect it to be that warm through April? I'm so jealous! I *just* got some lettuce seeds sprouted in a cold frame, but it's still below 45 degrees most days. :(

lislynn said...

*grumble, grumble*

Want pics of Joey, not jealousy-inducing pics of your ridiculously early garden.....


*grumble some more*

The Sinks said...

Awww, reminds me of our little garden under the tree on the side of our townhouse on Pleasant Hill...kinda ghetto, but it worked and yielded some food! :) I am also jealous, though, that we have to wait so long before we get to plant and enjoy the benefits of our own garden again...!