Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This is the...

This is the post that I never thought I'd be well enough to write to explain my lack of important updates.....


This is the guest room, the lonely guest room, vacated by our guests on Friday and inhabited by my husband for the last 4 nights so that he can sleep without hacking and sweating and fevers and moaning.


This is the baby, the neglected baby, left to fend for himself with his Daddy for care. (His Daddy did a great job and I promise he had more to eat than peas!)


This is the husband, the poor worn out husband, who has juggled the baby, the neglected baby, slept in the guest room vacated Friday, worked on his final project due in a week, run our household and business and tried so hard!


This is the sofa, the comfy new sofa, where rest has been found for fevers and chills, and for poor worn out husbands who've juggled babies, negelected babies with only their daddy to care for them.


This is the can, the blessed can, that nurse Jessie instructed to buy, which has sprayed knobs, handles, faucets and cell phones, computer keyboards, keys and remotes.


This is the "sick room", with laundry aplenty and messes all over the place. Now with clean laundry and new, not sweaty sheets, to welcome back the husband, the poor worn out husband who praise God seems to still have his health!


This is the phone, the wonderful phone and lifeline to all who have health! This phone holds nurse mom each and every day, with advice and many helpful hints! This phone has spoken sympathy from many afriend and brought smiles through much hacking and blah!


These are some tools, just a few of the tools that helped a little bit at a time. From rehyd-erating (I needed that to have another syllable), jello and lots of medicating, something actually started to improve....


This is the casserole, the wonderful, delicious casserole that Sarah brought over for the husband, the poor worn out husband, taking care of the baby, the neglected baby, and for the mommy, the sick sick mommy.

And finally:

This was the flu. The real flu. The fever that never goes away, and dry hacking cough that tears you apart and body aches like you have fallen from a cliff. Exhaustion, total exhaustion.

Yesterday was the day, finally the day where the Tylenol did not have to be taken exactly 6 hours after it last had been. The first day I didn't see a 103, and my fever only went up to 100. The first day in a week. That was the flu.

Now that you are done feeling sorry for me....what?? You want to "oooo" and "awwwww" a little more? You feel SO BAD that I got the flu. ME TOO! Thanks! Now that you are done, please keep Matt and Joey in your prayers, they haven't shown any symptoms yet and hopefully won't. Also Tyler and Becky and Eve were here for the beginning, before I knew what it was and I really really hope they don't get it either! Please be thinking of all of them!
And know that I'll be thinking of all of you...

5 comments:

Tyler and Becky Rider said...

So far so good on us feeling ok. None of us got flu shots this year, so hopefully that will not be an issue. I'm glad you are finally feeling better.

Naomi said...

Is your post based on "The Napping House"? I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Matt and Laurie Beardsley said...

That's the book! (I forgot ;-) yeah definitely based on that. Thanks!

Susannah Forshey said...

Awwwwww!!! I'm so sorry you had that. We had it too....so I can empathize as well as sympathize! Cute post, BTW

lislynn said...

Glad to hear you are better. We are down with it now :( Hope I can be as cheerful about all this in a week or two. I hear you on the coughing...