Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Matthew is Officially a....

BIB-WEARER!! Congratulations if you guessed correctly that our little Matthew's latest milestone is that he is able to regularly wear a bib, everyday now. Most of the time, twice a day! It was a tough accomplishment between all the grabbing at the bib to chew on it, and attempting to fling himself out of the booster seat while learning the fine art of bib-wearing but he has finally mastered the task!
Here is a quick shot before his first bib....


Is that not the cutest boy ever?

Ok, in all seriousness.... Matthew started his solid food on his 6-month birthday, which was last week! I was determined that he wouldn't start before 6 months because I felt like Joey had started too early (during his 4th month). LOL, ah hindsight. Now I think perhaps that Joey was pretty ready, even though he was really young. He already had teeth, he had the whole concept down, and took to the food right away. Matthew is slowly getting the hang of it, but isn't crazy about his rice cereal. When I mix in a little banana or avocado (that's all he's had so far) he is more excited, and he'll eat what I give him but I don't think he'd miss it if it was suddenly gone.

I have started making sure that one of his last solid feedings is the last one before he goes to sleep at night (around 7 or 8), and after about a week of that and waking him again at 10 or 11 to feed him, I decided to wing it and not wake him one night to see what would happen. He didn't get up until 7 in the morning!! The the next morning he still wasn't up when I woke up at 6 so I woke him to feed him, since I was going running with a friend that morning. I'm not quite ready to say he's given up that last feeding because he might still need it but, it's exciting anyway!

So here are a few pictures of the first feeding: enjoy!

A little nervous perhaps...


I don't know about this stuff...




That wasn't so bad! Maybe I'll try some more of this "food" stuff.

No comments: