Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Fallen Friend

Dog toys don't last long at our house.

Even the ones for "Powerful Chewers".

Bernese Mt. Dogs are known for being chewers.  Ziggy rarely eats anything that he isn't supposed to, but is still likely to go through his own toys at an unimaginable rate!

And now, without further ado, I would like to present: DISCOUNT TOY THAT WAS ON SALE SUPER CHEAP!!!

He is cute!  He was cheap!  He has a tennis ball, and rope (Ziggy loves those).  We got 2, one for this year, and one to save with the Christmas stuff, and give to him next year for Christmas!

Goodbye Friend...
Little Penguin friend....are you ok?  You seem to be leaking some innards.  Will you survive?  Should I try to sew you up so you can endure 2 more minutes of puppy play?
Oh NO!!  Don't let him see!!  LOOK AWAY 2nd penguin toy, LOOK AWAY!!!

Oh the HORROR!  THE HORROR!!!
Goodbye fallen friend, goodbye...


In other doggie news... my mom was visiting a few weeks ago, and graciously offered to get Ziggy a new toy.  I warned her that toys that Ziggy can actually play with for more than 2 or 3 minutes (about the life span of Penguin friend) can be a little pricey, but her love for Ziggy won out and she got us:
the largest size Nylabone Double Action Chew.  He loves it.  He chews on it all the time.  It's been 3 weeks.  It's STILL IN ONE PIECE!  Thank you Mom!  Thank you Nylabone!  Thank you Penguin for your service (and sorry)!

1 comment:

The Nolls said...

oh my! that totally made me laugh. I remember our Charlie (the 100 lb. golden retriever we had when we were first married) actually ATE my bible. I was so mad at him... but i laughed when we could read his poop the next day - and it was inspired!

The only toy that lasted for him was the Kong. It was pricey but never wore out.

And reading this just makes me miss having a dog...