Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Images

Well I just finished Christmas shopping here in CA. This was a much different experience than in Harrisonburg, or even in Northern VA with all the D.C. commuter traffic. I did "most" of it in one day because after a few hours I decided there was NO WAY I was going out again...(and Lexie and I were shopping together so that was motivating)

So now I am home with a (finally) happy, full, and sleeping baby and I don't feel like such a bad mommy anymore for dragging him around!

Although Christmas shopping here was a little insane, now that I am done I plan on fully enjoying the rest of the season with all the great music, family, friends, and decorations that go along with the birth of our savior. So it is with a celebratory spirit I'll share these images of the Holiday Season with you all!

























And the Most Important part of the season, the story that should bring us all to our knees. Our Great God and Savior sent his only son Jesus to the earth, to take on the body of a man, live a life where he was persecuted, hated and rejected while trying to share the love of His Father with this world. He taught of God's justice, kindness, patience, righteousness, love, and most importantly, of His grace and forgiveness upon the very people who had turned from God. He taught that we have the ability through His power to accept that grace and forgiveness, and though we are filled with sin, be filled instead with His Holy Spirit and fall in love with the Lord. It is the greatest love story ever and available to those who will call upon the Lord. So enjoy these next pictures, because this is no fable; Jesus really was born of a virgin, laid in a manger and was and is today, saving His people from their sins (Matthew 1:21) Can you think of anything more inspiring and amazing??

Adoration of the Child by Fra Angelico




Mystical Nativity by Botticelli











Estelle M. Hurll
The Madonna in Art











Lorenzo Lotto 1523

Nativity at Night
by Geertgen tot Sint Jans
Late 15th Century

The Nativity by Petrus Christus 1445


It's amazing how long artists have been capturing their ideas of what this miracle looked like. I think everyone can agree that it was breathtaking. I hope you all have a breathtaking Christmas!

No comments: