Thursday, October 23, 2008

13 Months of Sweet Lovin'

Last week our little one was 13 months! I can hardly believe how the time has flown. I am so sad that I haven't had a chance to post about him in so long, but I hope to download some pictures soon and have news about the house and life in general. For now, I wanted to update on Joey!



Joey had his one month appointment last month and he was in the 12th percentile for weight and 15th for height, so still a little guy....but in the last month he's gained 2 lbs!! I don't really know where that puts him. Let's hope he didn't gain it in his head because he was in the 75th percentile there :-)

Joey is talking ALOT but still not saying anything. He used to say "Hi" sometimes to himself, and he'll still wave it to people when they say hi, so I know that he knows what it means but he doesn't really direct it at anyone. He says Dada and Mama alot but not really to us, and is really more likely to scream "Nananana" at me if he really wants something.

Josiah would really like to walk I think, but it's still a little too risky for him :-) He likes to be VERY sure that he can do something before he will even try. He will walk with us holding one hand. He'll stand on his own, with nothing to hold on to, and sit down. Stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down. It's like he is practicing! He goes up the stairs but hasn't really figured out how to go down backwards yet, so we have to keep a close watch.

Joey is usually taking only one nap now, because of my work. He ends up just falling asleep in the morning when it is time for me and him to leave, but he and Will (my other little charge) take a nap at the same time in the afternoon. Joey LOVES to play with Will. Will is very sweet and gentle and patient with him! He is an only child and doesn't really "get" Joey, as a baby, and is always asking questions like "Can Joey pretend that my Thomas the Train is arguing with Gordon." or something like that, and I have to explain that Joey doesn't pretend yet, or at least not out loud. Joey really enjoys Will though. He follows him all over his house and loves to play with his (exciting and different) toys. I have Tuesdays off, and take Joey with me to work on Wednesdays and Thursdays and then on Mondays and Fridays, Matt stays home with Joey because he does not have class. So there are still some good napping days in there for Joey. It's hard to change things around though depending on the day, and I suspect we'll have permanently dropped the morning nap in a month or two.

Joey still sleeps like a champ at night and seems to have adjusted well to his new room. He stays up a little later now, going to bed at 7:30 or 8 and getting up between 8 and 9. He is usually pretty cheery throughout the day, although very impatient to be up and moving on his own. I am hoping he will start walking soon. He is getting heavy to carry!

Joey is getting a BUNCH of teeth now. He's had 8 for a few months, top and bottom 4 but is now getting 2 more on top and on the bottom. They look like his first molars. Although all his other teething hasn't really bothered him, he can't seem to keep his fingers out of his mouth this time around. I am hoping they come in quickly for him!

He continues to eat well and much more on his own now. I think his favorite foods would probably be tofu, or bananas, or really any fruit that he can eat on his own. He eats crackers and cookies, and fruit by himself, but still prefers his meats and veggies pureed although he doesn't give us a hard time about eating them.

Joey continues to be a joy for both Matt and I. He is truly a happy child and an easy one. I love the relationship that Matt and Joey have, and it warms my heart to watch them together. We are truly blessed to have this sweet little boy!

No comments: