Monday, October 27, 2008

Something I enjoyed

I came across this blog a few weeks ago, reading a friend of a friend's of a ...... etc. The blog entry is called, Some Subtle Effects of The Birth Control Culture. While I don't share all of the author's views I agreed with many and found myself guilty of much of what she talked about.

For example the first 3 points of her article, I could definitely sympathize with. I felt like it was viewed as irresponsible that we got pregnant right away and almost like I had to explain Joey as an "accident". I'm embarrassed now that I felt that way, and I wish I could change all the times that I made a joke about it. It also seems like it's o.k. now to ask if child was "planned", a question that no one would have thought to ask years ago, because it would have been incredibly rude.

Just an interesting article for thought and I hope you all enjoy it. I don't personally have a problem with birth control, but I can see how the culture now has a sense of so much control over that planning element of life, that it has changed the way we think and talk about children. Especially to other people. I hope that I never forget how incredibly lucky Matt and I have been to be blessed with Josiah, and I pray that the Lord will chose to give us other children!

Some Subtle Effects of the Birth Control Culture

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones -- God has ideas for us that we would not or have not yet thought of. Hugs to our boy -- Grammy