Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!



Happy Earth Day Everyone!

I have discovered that Earth Day, like Election Day will yield certain bargains if you are willing to hunt for them. Like these from Yahoo! or these from babycheapskate.

There are some cool things in there people! So, on Friday I am going to take advantage of one of those deals. I got an appointment at our local Paul Mitchell school to have my hair cut for $10!!! This is very exciting for me because a "cheap" haircut in the bay area would be like $20 or $25 and that is at your random strip mall no-name hair cut place (usually where I get my hair cut). It's also great for me (probably not everyone) because I mostly (ok fine! always.) wear my hair up, so the idea of a student cutting or styling my hair is of very little consequence to me! And still even more exciting because the cut hair is all being donated to an organization called Matter of Trust an organization that, among other things, weaves the donated hair into hair mats to soak up oil from spills. Random - I know, but cool too. On their website the home page picture is of SF Bay Area citizens cleaning up after the 2007 Cosco Busan oil spill.

So Happy Earth day (and week) everyone! Hope you find a neat way to enjoy it!

No comments: